30 May 2008

Yesterday morning I woke up, planning on swimming and running, but the air temp was below 50*F, and I do not swim outdoors in weather that cold. I decided to run instead, and as soon as I got out the door, put my Garmin on the ground to let it find the signals... I found out that SOMEONE had chewed through my headphone cord (cough foster kittens cough). Little bastards - I loved those earbuds ... they actually stayed in my ears. Oh well, I did 5 miles without music, which was peaceful. Great weather too (for running, not swimming!).

I came home and did 30 minutes on the trainer while watching What Not to Wear. I love that show and have been thinking about hiding all of my clothes and sending in a tape of myself... should I go "too slutty for work" or "too frumpy for 26" ? I've started doing some drills on the trainer - small gear, large gear, single leg.

Today is a rest day. I used to hate them but now I heart them.

Tomorrow is 60 minutes on the bike, 10 min run, 30 minute swim.


Sunday is my FIRST TRI! I am a little bit nervous but mostly very excited. I'm looking forward to doing the whole thing 'for real' -- swim, T1, bike, T2, run, finish, eat cookies. I made the mistake of googling "faster transitions" ... um, I don't think now is the time in my tri "career" to rubber band my pedals upright with my bike shoes already in them. Although it might be hilarious, I would definitely bite it. I'm excited that James is coming to watch me. I don't think he understands why I do what I do (um, just like I don't understand his obession with professional wrestling) but he supports me and I love him for it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend, I'm sure you will do great. I can't wait to read your recap.

    One thing I like to do on the trainer is one legged drills. Put it in your highest gear and peddel with one foot for a few mins and then switch.

    ReplyDelete