25 March 2009

four letter word.

r-e-c-o-v-e-r-y is a four letter word.

tapering may be a total PITA but recovery really sucks.

yesterday I did what should have been an 'easy three' but was a 'painful three.'
today should have been another 'easy' run and the whole 1.63 mi hurt like hell.

I think I have PF ... the arch in my right foot really freaking hurts and some people on bt.com have suggested I get a foot roller, take anti inflamatories, and rest.

boo.

now, for the good:
although training for RI70.3 starts officially on Monday, I can afford a few+ days off from running. my running base is very good, and focusing more on swimming and biking [esp. biking!] certainly will not hurt [my guess is that it will help my tri performances.].

oh, and apparently racing 26.2 mi really takes a toll on your body . who knew !

7 comments:

  1. Gotta recover after a race.

    BTW how fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely take some time off running. There is always biking and swimming, you know. Stick to nothing more than short runs for the next week to work the kinks out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog and think it is great. I have been thinking about crossing over to tri's and your blog is giving me the motivation to do so.

    Relax a bit before training start back up. I look forward to reading about your training and your RI experience, espeically since that is my home state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. I am in taper and that is bad enough. 1 more week and I will be joining you in recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no............ not freakin PF!!!!! Yes, be very careful especially since it's new pain (mine has been there for 1 and half year now!!).

    On to read the Race report now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. Nothing is more frustrating than a short run that is killing you after a sucessful long run. I always feel so betrayed. Your base is awesome.

    As for the foot roller - yes - buy the stick thing what is it called, I think stick...I will get you the link...it is a necessary item for training.

    ReplyDelete