06 June 2008

more training = more food, more sleep.

Summer is here, regardless of what the calendar says. I woke up early on my day off (on my day off!) and did a 60 minute run with 30 seconds of strides every 10 minutes, then 5 x 20 sec strides. Then: 41 minutes on the trainer... until I messed with something and now the bike computer doesn't work. Grr. Need to take that in to get fixed.

Run
1h 02m 41s
7.04 miles
08m 54s/Mi


Bike
41m 43s
9.60 miles
13.81 Mi/hr


I've always known that the more I train, the more I need to eat. What I never really considered was how much more sleep I need when I'm training this hard. I usually get 7-8 hours a night, but I really need to start getting 8-9. Last week I came home from work and fell asleep at 6:00 p.m. .. and only woke up to brush my teeth and wash my face before going back to bed for the night.

Our flag football team is in the playoffs -- which is exciting, but I have a long bike ride I need to do before our first game at 11:00. I'm sure I will be exhuasted by game time, but I'm just there because I'm a girl and they need at least three of us on the field ;) .... hand-eye coordination isn't really my thing.

* GOOD LUCK TOMORROW MONICA! *

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Trish! Sounds like a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be cool if you published your running stats to a shared Google spreadsheet so we could see the data in a chart form over time. --BEYOU

    ReplyDelete