in typical me fashion, I've decided to do a list. are you surprised?
15 things and we're 15 days out!
1. <--- Google maps view of the bike course.
2. everyone is apparently freaking out about CO2 carts.. since a lot of people are flying (and you can't bring CO2 carts on a plane) there are worries that the expo will run out.
3. I'm really really tired. amazing what 8 months of training will do to a girl.
4. my husband has stoked up on beer to prepare himself to deal with me during taper madness.
5. yesterday I got the most fabulous arm warmers from the wild child. they are GIRRAFE PRINT and super comfy. love the bloggy world.
6. and today my desoto arm coolers arrived from trisports.com. trisports wasn't as kind as the wild child and charged me for them. boo.
7. I really hope the Powers That Be at the Mexican border don't mistake my Infinit for cocaine. both are white and powdery.
8. I have a "to pack" list going (of course. I mean, would you expect any less?). every so often I remember something - towel! hairbrush! tums! - and write it down.
9. I'm excited for my buddies racing IMAZ next weekend, especially my buddy Molly, who is 8 days out from her first IM!
10. I am so grateful for all of my tri buddies! - in person and online .. I don't think my coworkers/ husband/ friends/ family can take any more IM talk.
11. I think UPS wonders how much I've spent at Trisports.com.
12. I'd perfer not to tally it all up.
13. I'm debating renting race day wheels. Part of me thinks: hell, why not "buy" (rent) speed and save 5-6 minutes? Part of me thinks: do I really need to spend the money for that amount of time?
14. I did justify to my husband by first explaining the cost of buying Zipps.
15. My house is so full of IM stuff -- bike on trainer in the living room, foam roller on the coffee table, Infinit, GE, and Recoverite on the kitchen counter, dozens of water bottles also on the kitchen counter, running shoes by the front door or on my dresser, (stinky) bike shoes on the bike (on the trainer).