Biggest. Month. Ever.
swim> 27514.8 M in 9h 41m 49s
bike> 499.2 Mi in 34h 13m 53s
run> 123.54 Mi in 19h 01m 41s
total training time> 62h 57m 23s
and now, in honor of being 28 (!) days out:
1. long run today: 18.06 miles in 2h 48m 56s [09m 21s/Mi]. legs + feet starting hurting around mile 16. turned off my iPod at mile 12ish to practice remembering my "Best Moments" and "Mantras"... and kept it off for the rest of the run. really enjoyed running without it!
2. finally feel really comfortable changing flats. whew.
3. there is currently a box of chocolate pop tarts and 3 PayDays in my house. Must. Not. Eat. Until. Race. Day.
4. currently wearing my compression socks. alas, they are not the awesome looking Zoot ones... but for $50 cheaper, I'll keep my Rite Aid old-lady ones.
5. my house needs to be cleaned. will save this for taper madness so I have something to do.
6. getting REALLY REALLY excited.
7. filled out my Time Prediction Worksheet (dream and actual] AND my Spectator Meeting Places Worksheet, and emailed both to my family.
8. Ice baths aren't so bad - once you actually GET into them.
9. I wonder how much money I've spent on Infinit over the past few months.
10. think I tweaked something in my left knee today.. it's sore but gets better when I move.
11. going to be the Morton's salt girl for Halloween.
12. can't get too drunk tonight [I haven't been drunk in a Really Long Time] because tomorrow is a 90 minute ride and 4000M swim.
13. have eaten more McDonalds in the last few months than I have in my life... for rides over 80 miles, it's the way to go.
14. found a neighbor to feed our cats while we're gone. Phew.
15. currently watching The Wedding Signer.
16. need to figure out how to get my Ironman Timex watch to beep every 12 minutes.
17. am going to get a massage next week - one of my tri buddies just graduated from massage school !
18. am considering getting a hot stone massage. pricey but I think I'll really love it.
19. going to buy the desoto arm coolers. have heard AH-MAY-ZING things about them ... super excited.
20. buying new running shoes today. am close to 400 miles on my current pair.
21. confirmed my hotel reservation, but had a momentary freak out when they couldn't find my reservation. turns out I made it through the hotel directly and the general confirmation people didn't have it. phew.
22. still on the fence about an mDot tat.
23. not on the fence about the mDot necklace from Big Island Jewlewers, which I have oh-so-subtely emailed to my husband, with link, natch.
24. holy eff I'm really going to do an Ironman.
25. I'm really going to miss this process when it's over.
26. borrowing a bike box from a friend - need to pick that up soon.
27. what will I do with all of my free time after the race?
28. TWENTY! EIGHT! DAYS!